Healthy Heads is pushing for mental health
We’re taking part in the Push-Up Challenge from 1st – 24th June. The aim is to engage and educate people in our industry on mental and physical health and raise awareness of mental health issues. 3,139 push-ups across the 24 days represent the number of lives lost to suicide in 2020.
So why do it?
In the transport, warehousing and logistics sector 48% of workers have had a mental health condition in the past 12 months, according to SuperFriend. By taking part in the Push-Up Challenge, we can all play a role in spotlighting the difficulties that many people in our industry face. Together we can get fit, learn about mental health and connect with others.
How to join?
Healthy Heads has created a Community for teams and workplaces and individuals to join. You can register by following the simple steps below:
- Follow the link to the Healthy Heads Community page, click here.
- Create a Team OR Join a Team
- Select CREATE TEAM and fill out the form. People become Team Captain by creating a team. OR
- Select JOIN TEAM and fill out the form.
- Invite People
- Team Captains can invite more crew along to become part of the Community after a team/s has been created.
- Share the Community or Team page links and people will have the opportunity to join an existing Team, or people can create a new Team too.
- The Healthy Heads Community is raising much-needed funds for Lifeline.
- Alternatives to push-ups are allowed and encouraged.