Black Dog Institute (BDI) is a global leader in mental health research, providing evidence-based programs with proven outcomes of increasing knowledge and management of mental health in the workplace. BDI offer a depth of experience, delivering workplace training for over 10 years to hundreds of businesses of all sizes, across all sectors.
In collaboration with Healthy Heads in Trucks & Sheds, BDI is offering mental health training for people leaders in the transport, warehousing, and logistics industry to build wellbeing leadership skills and show how you can support others (and yourself). The three-hour interactive workshop is delivered by a clinical psychologist who specialises in workplace mental health.
85% of managers reported feeling confident in managing mental health issues in the workplace following training
What you will learn
- how to have conversations with team members about mental health
- how to design healthier workplaces
- how to assist team members to stay at work, or to return to work after an absence
- how to spot the early warning signs of mental ill-health and what to do
- your legal responsibilities as a manager
- strategies you can use for your own self-care or to support others where to go for more support
This training is designed for:
- People leaders
Training Delivery Options
Format: Available online over Zoom or face-to-face at a time and date to suit your workplace.
Training is delivered by a clinical psychologist who will provide expert advice and answer any questions you may have. Interactivity includes discussions, Q&A, polls, scenarios, and videos.
Participant numbers: Workshops can cater for up to 25 people
Price: $3,450+GST for up to 25 people
Free for eligible businesses in NSW with less than 200 employees. Funded by the NSW Government as part of the Mentally Healthy Workplaces Strategy.