AP Psychology & Consulting Services delivered workshop to help small businesses create a psychological health and safety action plan in alignment with the National Mental Health and Wellbeing Roadmap (the Roadmap).
This hands-on workshop assists your business to create a plan to manage psychosocial hazards at work and move your workplace towards being more psychologically healthy and safe.
Part 1 (3 hours):
Creating a mentally healthy and safe workplace – Assessing your Workplace
- Setting the scene – why is mental health and managing psychosocial risks important?
- The evidence: The research behind the Roadmap, Guidelines and Roadmap Planner
- Seven Stories, Seven Strategies – introduction to the Roadmap Planner
In-between workshop work (approximately 2 hours):
- Review where your organisation is at in relation to managing psychosocial hazards by using the Roadmap Planner – Seven Stories, Seven Strategies and start to think about your action plan.
Part 2 (3 hours):
Creating a mentally healthy and safe workplace – Building an Action Plan
- Applying the Roadmap Planner – Seven Stories, Seven Strategies and using the 7 workplace strategies to develop an action plan
- Refine your workplace specific psychological health and safety action plan
- Confirm key priorities for your organisation and develop a tailored strategic action plan to psychological health and safety in your organisation
- Learn about and utilise the newly created Roadmap Planner – Seven Stories, Seven strategies
- Create peer connections to support each other
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at people who contribute to or have accountability for psychological health, safety and wellbeing such as
- Health and Safety Advisors
- Business owners & operators